We are hiring a Gas Technician to join the Emberley Fireplace team!
As a Technician, you will report to Management and be responsible for delivering profitable revenue and customer satisfaction for Emberley Fireplace.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Field Work: You will be in charge of following the standard operating procedures with respect to installation and service of Emberley Fireplace products, including (but not limited to):
- Call customers on route to job sites
- Treat customers with courtesy
- Leave customer homes cleaner than when we first arrived
- Install gas fireplaces and stoves
- Install and test gas lines
- Diagnose technical issues with stoves, fireplaces, or BBQ’s
- Maintain proper safety equipment (work safe)
- Keep vehicle (or trucks) neat, organized & properly stocked
- Properly complete all paperwork, including pictures, notes, as well as make, model & serial numbers
- Drive safely and abide by vehicle road laws and regulations
- Work closely with the sales team in sharing installation and inspection information
- Keep up to date with training – online and in-person
- Help sales staff maintain all showroom operational units are in good working order
- Help warehouse staff maintain inventory organization
- Treat coworkers with respect
The ideal candidate must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Excellent customer service
- Knowledge of carpentry
- Willingness to work with wood installation
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Team player;
- Analytical and problem solving;
- Effective verbal, written, communication, and listening.
**Priority will be provided to people that have an active gas ticket for NL or working towards achieving a ticket. However, a keen individual that’s handy and wants to learn will also be considered!
Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
- Monday – Friday & possibly some Saturdays
- Regular working hours will vary depending on the season and number/type of service calls booked.